The EpiQuik ™ In Situ DNA Damage Assay Kit is a practical set of tools that enables the experimenter to detect DNA damage or apoptosis by measuring H2AXSer139 phosphorylation in situ. The kit is ready to use and provides all the essential components necessary to specifically measure DNA damage in situ by detecting phospho H2AXSer139 using cultured adherent cells. The kit has the following advantages:
- The fast and effective procedure, which can be completed in 3 hours.
- Innovative colorimetric assay without the need for radioactivity, electrophoresis, and chromatography.
- Measurement of histone H2AX phosphorylation in situ without the need to prepare cell lysates.
- The microplate format makes the assay suitable for high-throughput testing of agents that increase or inhibit DNA damage.
- Simple, reliable, and consistent test conditions.
Principle and procedure
EpiQuik ™ In Situ DNA Damage Assay Kit is a whole cell-based detection of DNA damage and/or apoptosis. In this assay, adherent cells are cultured in standard 96-well microplates. After their experimental treatment, the cells become fixed and permeabilized. H2AX phosphorylation on serine139, the sensitive marker of DNA damage, is then detected by an anti-phospho H2AXSer139 antibody. The proportion or amount of phosphor H2AXSer139 can be quantified through the HRP-conjugated secondary antibody color development system and is proportional to the intensity of color development.